You don't need me to speak on your behalf ~You need my knowledge so you can advocate for your own child
IEP Makeover and
Are you ready to:
- Be empowered with the knowledge you need to help you avoid roadblocks and be supported with professional advocacy assistance for you to move forward with confidence instead of feeling like you’re being taken advantage of by school district administrators?
- Receive a comprehensive assessment of your child’s educational program and find out what’s missing and how to win what you want for your child?
- Have a step-by-step plan of action on what to do to address your concerns about your child’s IEP?
- Be on the fast track to see real results and experience successful IEP outcomes because you are finally able to resolve the problems in your child’s educational program?
What will I receive from the IEP Makeover?
- A comprehensive overview of your child’s special education program. Valerie will review the IEP documents over the past two years and all assessment reports.
- Parent training on how to interpret assessment reports and understand standardized test scores. Valerie will teach you how assessment results are used to develop the appropriate goals, supports, services, and placement to meet your child’s individual needs.
- Valerie will identify the gaps in your child’s IEP and make recommendations on how to obtain better goals and identify areas of deficit that have not been addressed.
- Valerie will coach you on how to increase services, obtain an aide, or ask for and receive an IEE (Independent Educational Evaluation.)
- You will receive a report that includes a step-by-step plan to hold your IEP team obligated to resolve the problems and address your requests and concerns.
- Valerie will meet with you on Zoom to review the step-by-step plan and provide parent training and coaching on how to move forward. This call typically lasts 90 minutes. You will receive a recording of the Zoom call to utilize as a tool for continued training.
- It typically requires 3-4 hours for Valerie to review the records and write the comprehensive overview of your child’s current special education program and develop the step-by-step plan of action based upon state and federal regulations.
- The IEP Makeover Zoom consultation will be scheduled 2 weeks after you scan and email Valerie your child’s educational records. Please note, if your child’s records are lengthily, it may require Valerie more time to complete the comprehensive overview and schedule your Zoom call.
What will I receive from the Consultation Package?
- Parents must complete the IEP Makeover before purchasing a Consultation Package.
- After completing the IEP Makeover, parents always want more support and coaching as they move through the step-by-step plan of action. This is where the Consultation Package will meet your needs.
- After Valerie completes the IEP Makeover and comprehensive overview of your child’s special education program, she has become fully informed about your child’s records. This makes consultation hours extremely beneficial to coach you through the problems and questions you may encounter as you take each step on your plan of action.
- Parents can individualize the consultation hours to be used to meet your needs. This can be done through Zoom meetings or Valerie can write emails and letters for you to send to the district or help you write Parent Agendas and Partial Agreements for your IEP meetings. Valerie is happy to provide you any other type of advocacy support you may need.
- Please note: Parents must use the consultation hours within 3 months from the time of purchase. Any hours that were not used within 3 months will be forfeited.
Are you ready to step forward and feel empowered, knowledgeable, and successful at your child’s IEP meetings instead of feeling outnumbered, frustrated, and hopeless?
Records Review, IEP Recommendation Summary Report, Advocacy parent training, Zoom Consultation
Valerie will provide you a comprehensive overview and summary report of your child’s current special education program and a step-by-step plan of action. Valerie will begin the comprehensive assessment of your child’s IEP after she receives all your child’s records.
Step 1: Purchase the IEP Makeover
Step 2: Scan and email Valerie the last two years of IEP documents.
Step 3: Scan and email Valerie the most recent assessment reports. Please note: The assessment reports are imperative to provide you a comprehensive evaluation of your child’s educational program.
Step 4: If your child has a Medical Health Action Plan, please email Valerie a copy.
Step 5: If you are unsure if you have copies of your child’s records, write an email to your principal and district special education representative:
“I am requesting I be emailed a digital copy of the IEPs for the past two years, as well as a digital copy of all assessments conducted for the last Triennial review.”
After you have purchased the IEP Makeover, parents have the option to purchase one of the Consultation Packages Valerie offers to continue to support you as you move through each step of your plan of action. It is a requirement to first work with Valerie on the IEP Makeover before you purchase one of the Consultation Package options. It’s up to you whether you choose a 3-hour consultation package or a 6-hour package.
Purchasing a Consultation Package with Valerie will provide you with continued advocacy support as you move through the plan of action Valerie developed for you in the IEP Makeover. Valerie will give you the information you need to be successful in having the district address your concerns and requests promptly. Most importantly, Valerie will give you the tools you need to appeal the districts denials and excuses, and you will finally see the results you have been looking for! When you begin to speak their language and implement your parent rights, it is possible to see the district work collaboratively with you as an equal member of the IEP team.